Safe Online Library Resources For Your Community
You may be closed right now, but Story Box Library has 3 easy ways to help you offer patrons 24/7 access to favourite Australian and NZ children’s stories and storytellers.
1. Virtual Storytimes Complement your live storytime readings with Story Box Library!
- Our short film content and videos from a soon-to-be released initiative show the author’s/illustrator’s creative process and stories behind the stories. Plus, they’re permissable for you to use, in their entirety, on social media!
- Aren’t offering your own live storytime? Use us! Share our story release announcements on social media (1-2/week), or share a tale for your patrons to watch on a select day, connecting your community remotely through story (enabling captions for each story can assist ESL members or those with hearing impairments).
2. Membership Access Committed to promoting the Australian Children’s Laureate’s message of encouraging library engagement.
- Contact Story Box Library if you’d like to offer temporary members access.
- Promote Story Box Library to patrons via your digital communications, reminding them of this extension of your library’s children’s content. To download the materials, please click here. #StorytimeAnytime #StoriesAsUsual
3. At Home Activity Time Keeping hands busy and stimulating young minds.
- Each story is complemented by an activity that relates to the stories’ themes and is curriculum-linked.
- These activities cater to those seeking individual creativity or family connections, with many incorporating materials from around the home.
“The most valuable educational tool on the internet.” Louise Park, author, educator & expert on how to support children when they are learning to read.