Welcome to James Bennett
Australia's leading, local library supplier, we are known for our advanced print and digital acquisitions and collection development services. Our order management system - James Bennett Online - is tailor-made for libraries in Australia and New Zealand.
We have earned a reputation for fast, professional service, but what makes us really proud is our long history as the tech savvy partner of public libraries.
Since 1964, when our founder, James Bennett, personally delivered books to libraries in his old blue VW, our focus has been on building strong relationships with local librarians, and local and international publishers and distributors.
Today, our powerful profiling tools and expert buyers will enhance your selection decisions. Our unmatched global resources, shelf-ready delivery and technical innovation make James Bennett your library's essential partner.
Why Choose James Bennett
We are the library vendor of choice in the Australasian marketplace. Here are just some of the reasons to choose James Bennett as your library supplier:
- Global reach - local service
- Competitive and flexible terms for customers
- Speed of supply - the right book at the right price in the quickest timeframe
- Expertise in working collaboratively with libraries on profiling & selection services
- Single representation for consistency and knowledge of your library workflows
- Proven track record in workflow development and liaising with libraries to streamline their supply chain
- Full service supplier
- Experienced and professional staff
- No compromise in quality, range, or price
James Bennett Pty Limited is committed to providing customers with a comprehensive and innovative range of acquisitions solutions.
Our aim is to excel in the design and delivery of library products and services by
- establishing customer relationships that promote efficiency, reliability and value for money
- embracing technology, planning for the future and a willingness to respond to and manage change
- committing to continual improvement and a quest for excellence
- investing in and motivating our people through training and development initiatives and rewarding effort and innovation
- being responsible, conscientious and diligent members of the wider library community.
Our goal is to be the supplier of choice, exceeding customer expectations and achieving distinction in an ever changing and challenging knowledge services environment.
Since 1997, James Bennett has maintained effective quality controls meeting the requirements of ISO 9001 and through innovation in delivery James Bennett can be counted on to provide unparalleled service to your library. Our scope of certification reads “ The supply of books and multimedia, and associated services to libraries and other customers”.
To provide libraries and other customers with effective solutions for the acquisition of published materials.
We bring together content and discovery tools to enable libraries to provide patrons with dynamic and vibrant environments acting as local centres with portals to the wider world enriched by reading, learning and inspired by information and ideas.
To build a profitable and growing organisation on a solid base of:
- Customer focus
- Innovative product and information distribution
- Effective management of a skilled and motivated workforce
Our vision for the future inspires and motivates us and shapes our understanding of how our business will progress. Aligned with our organisational values we are equipped to face an exciting and lengthy future supplying Australian, New Zealand and the wider Asian market with innovative library solutions.
Bringing joy and enrichment to life by connecting people to books, music and movies through passionate team members and innovative services.
Our mission statement is what we do. Our values are how we do it.
Our purpose statement explains why we do what we do. The purpose statement is our reason for being in business and defines our culture. What we do as a company impacts so many people in a positive way. At the core of our business, we provide products that bring joy and enrich lives.
Values are more than just words at James Bennett.
In fact, they form the very foundation of our relationships with our customers and each other. We constantly strive to be the supplier of choice by putting our customers first as well as delivering exemplary service and the highest quality products.
Always do the right thing, not just the easiest thing. Be honest and transparent and take pride in our work.
Own the outcome, keep our promises and take responsibility.
Put our customers at the centre of what we do.
Treat others the way you wish to be treated with kindness and courtesy and value our differences.
Strive to be the best we can be by challenging ourselves to be consistent in providing quality of service.
Go further together, achieve more and recognise and value the contribution of team members.
Be inquisitive, dare to explore and eagerly search for timely and efficient outcomes that will deliver a positive change.
These values are embedded in our thinking, the way we work and are key to our current and future success.